Saturday, January 15, 2011

Opinion on Google

I don't know about the rest of you, but for me Google is a one stop shop to find whatever I want online. I'm one of the many people who has Google set as the home page for their browser. I currently use the Mozilla Firefox browser and not Google Chrome, but I have been interested in trying it out. I also use a yahoo email account and not Gmail, but that is mostly because I have had it since middle school. I am using Google's blog editor right now, and I use Google search more than any other website. Google pretty much has its hands in everything, but is that a good thing or a bad thing? Are they just our friendly neighborhood billion dollar advertising conglomerate, or are they trying to monopolize the way we live? So what is my opinion on Google? I like all of the functions that Google provides for me, but I don't like having all of my eggs in one basket. Especially when we have no reason to believe that Google is acting in our best interest. This video helps to further explain some of my feelings regarding Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment