Thursday, February 24, 2011

Internet Censorship

Does the internet have too much censorship? There are arguments on for both sides. This link raises a few questions about the topic. Who is censoring the internet? What is being censored on the internet? How is the internet being censored? and maybe most importantly, why is the internet being censored? These are all good questions which I think we should all consider. I personally believe the internet shouldn't have to be censored, but I also think that some other things might have to change before that is possible.

2 comments:

  1. I am no fan of Internet censorship myself. Although, I do think that there is an argument for censoring or at least closely monitoring the way kids use the Internet at school. Just to keep them on task. Whether or not Internet Filters like "Net Nanny" are the answer, though, I'm not so sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that maybe there are some things that should be censored on the internet, but that is just me speaking without knowing any research. I feel like maybe the censorship is what keeps a lot of chaos away at the moment. But then again ignorance is not bliss, so that would be somethings that would be interesting to research.

    ReplyDelete